Saturday, January 2, 2010

http://www.varianrapidarc.com/dear_cancer/viewKathleen K.
Cape Cod, MA
01/02/10
Letter ID:1823

Dear Cancer,

You have spent centuries touching people's lives in a negative way. You've erased futures. But I'm here to tell you that your days are numbered. With medical advances and intestinal fortitude, I kicked your butt twice, and know I can do it again. You are not as deadly as you think you are. And I'm not as afraid of you as I used to be. There is safety in numbers and millions of survivors make up a support system that "has your number." Many illnesses previously considered fatal are now quite treatable, and so are you. Soon, you will be obsolete--just an awful memory cured by a pill. There is no place for you in our future. The writing is on the wall. Read it and weep, Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment